Episode 0024 A whole episode with Patrick Lencioni, then more Patrick Lencioni and ending with some Patrick Lencioni. Youth Ministry
THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS!
Orange XP3 Middle School
Central Christian College of the Bible
Intro done by: Luke Angus, Trinity Church, Redlands California
Topics for this episode:
Did we mention we have Patrick Lencioni !!!!!
- Most of our listeners are younger leaders, many leading a team for the very first time. Give them your "#1 DO" and your "#1 DON'T".
- Change is hard.The President of Fuller Seminary said “people don’t fear change they fear loss” So when taking over a role at a church give us some advice about how to implement change roll out an effective change management strategy.
- In your book, 5 Disfunctions of a team, you make the case that TRUST is the very most important quality among a team...so lack of trust is the biggest disfunction. How might you equate that with building trust with young teenagers and their parents in a church setting?
- Define the difference between Mission and Vision?
- In your experience, what would most teams identify as a primary source of discouragement?
- You seem to be a genius at taking big, hard to tackle, leadership issues and boiling them down to easy to grasp and implement ideas and principles. Your books are short, but loaded with truth and pragmatic leadership gold. Give us a few tips on making our message simple and easy for our audience (young teenagers) to grasp.
- What do you do in a situation where you have more practical experience than your boss. Most Youth workers report to people who have never done youth ministry.
- Sometimes we cast vision, but then struggle to implement it. How can we be great implementers of vision.
Whose on this episode?
Justin Herman- Sandals Church
Patrick Lencioni - The Table Group
Things mentioned in the episode:
Be part of #ChaosNation
Meet the HOST!
Our Controlled Chaos Podcast Partner CIY, Christ in Youth.
Thanks to our Sponsors.
Central Christian College of the Bible, Moberly Missouri (where Justin went to college)
Question or Show ideas? Email Justin at Justin@ControlledChaosPodcast.com
Controlled Chaos Podcast: A junior high ministry podcast for youth workers!
Thank you for tuning in. The work youth workers do is hard work, thank you! Thank you for taking time to get a little more equipped to do Junior High or Middle School Ministry in your Youth Ministry or Student Ministry at your church. Keep it up!